In 1929 the Church of St Joseph was built, attached to the back of St Gildas Convent, to provide a convenient place of Catholic worship. It was converted from an original billiard room, later a library. The semi-circular extension at the far end was added in 1965. It has been deconsecrated and returned to residential use. In 2019 a planning application was made for the ‘conversion and refurbishment of the existing chapel building into a four-bedroom dwelling, demolition of the existing apse and erection of an extension’.