The parish churches of Langport (All Saints’) and Huish Episcopi (St Mary’s) both date from the 12th century. All Saints’ was a chapelry of St Mary’s until it was given separate status in 1876. The two churches are ‘but a bird-bolt shot apart’, and the community uses both. All Saints was declared ‘redundant’ in 1995, but is still used for worship as well as community events. It is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
The United Reformed Church, formerly the Congregational Chapel, thrives in Bow Street, and at one time there was a Baptist Chapel, a Wesleyan Chapel and a Catholic church.