Langport Congregational Chapel was first built on this Bow Street site in 1828 with seating for 250, and the manse beside it was added in 1850. A Sunday school was established in 1832, attended by 90 pupils in 1833. A day-school in the vestry there had been established by c. 1860. Due to frequent flooding, the building’s façade had to be replaced in 1875. The floors were raised by several feet and set on brick piers. Today the overgrown trees completely obscure the view from the front gates.
Click on an image to enlarge it and see the caption